During our development, human beings learn to interact and express themselves through their body’s and its movements. Psychomotor therapy promotes the development of each individual, focusing on expressing his or her identity through creativity, movement and communication. By observing and listening, the psychomotor therapist can see and address any difficulties an individual may have.
At CEP Mafalda we help children, adolescents and adults overcome developmental difficulties in learning, communication and relationships.
- EARLY ATTENTION. Aimed at children with developmental delays, who may have had preterm foetal distress, neurological or general psychomotor retardation.
- DIAGNOSIS. Overall rating of a child with respect to his or her motor skills, emotional, social and intellectual development.
- PSYCHOMOTOR RE-EDUCATION. Therapy in small groups aimed at children with psycho-emotional, emotional, intellectual, social or movement difficulties.
- PSYCHOMOTOR THERAPY. Individual therapy designed for children and adults who require specialised care.
- TEENAGERS. This work is done in small groups and is aimed at teenagers who want to express themselves and find strategies to improve their personal, emotional and social lives.
- PARENT GROUPS. Group therapy designed to allow parents to communicate and share their life experiences in order to listen and learn from each other’s experiences.